I am so excited to finally be able to offer this compilation to you! This 40-page issue offers a unique, "inside" look at Hidden Wisdom's humble beginning. I've added notes to many of the articles to help you understand why I wrote each story. In this compilation, I have tried to reproduce the appearance of the original issues to a large degree so all the graphics and fonts (with the exception of the cover, editorial, and 2-page section about HW) are those originally used.
I have several goals for putting this compilation together: no, it's not to "show off" my writings -- on the contrary, I don't think these are examples of fine writing at all. :-) (1) I want to share part of HW's history with those of you who have had such a part in its making and (2) I want to inspire you young would-be editors and editresses, and show that there's nothing wrong with starting small. Just do the best you can with the talents and equipment the Lord has given you: He will bless your efforts as you follow His leading!
I pray these humble little articles will be a blessing and inspiration to each of you who get a copy. To God alone be all glory and praise -- great things He hath done!!
Here's an outline of what this issue contains:
(All articles are by me, Abigail, unless otherwise noted)
From Volume 1 (May 1991):
- Junk Robbery at the Brown Residence
- Unexpected Visitors
- Eddie Finds Electric Fish
- Great Lamb Race at Laurel
- President Bush Wins Baseball Game in Gilman!
- Goat Runs Away With Cart!!
From Volume 2 (April 1992):
- Employee Catches Rats!
- Susanna Wins Limbo in Marshalltown
- Grandma Visits Grandson
- Take Time to Laugh (a collection of jokes)
- The Longtrip's Long Trip
- Seven Little Pigs
- A Report on Hampsters
From Volume 3 (April 1993):
- Gilbert and Gretchen
- Join Expedition to Discover Fountain of Youth! (by Steve Paul)
- Chicken Time!
- The Strange Manure Episode
- The World is Mine (poem, author unknown)
- John Paul Jones: Revolutionary Hero
- Facts About our Stars and Stripes
From Volume 4 (April 1994):
- They're Heading for Virginia (or are they?)
- California Company!
- Keep Off the Grass
- Sadie Visits the Chicken House!!
- Our Vacation
- The History of Wallpaper and Wicker
- Company Corner!
- Lost and Found
- Special Reports
From Volume 5 (April 1995):
- Shearing Time!
- Bible Quiz! (By Don H., Sr.)
- Anthony's Adventure With the Ashbys
- If Jesus Came to Your House (poem, author unknown)
- Sam and Sally's Situation
- Mike, a Moose, and a Prayer (by Granddad Denniston)
- Bible Contest
- Special Notice (survey)
PLUS, each issue contains:
- One page of delicious recipes
- Birth announcements (mainly of our pets)
- Obituaries (humorous acounts of animal deaths)
- Family news
- Unique graphics
Click here to see how you can receive a copy of this exciting issue --
we look forward to hearing from you!